This famous dish of Karnataka made with Rice and Dal is shared with us by Dhivya Ravindran :).
Rice – 3 cup
Toor Daal – 1.5 cup
Turmeric Powder – 2 tsp
Cut Vegetables (carrot, peas, potato , onion)
Bisi Bela Baath powder:
Urad dal – 2 tbsp
Channa dal – 2 tbsp
Cloves – 4
Jeera – 1 tbsp
Fenugreek seeds – 1 tbsp
Red chillies – 4
Coriander seeds – 1 tbsp
Cinnamon sticks – 5 sticks
Oil – 2 tbsp
1. In a pan, pour oil and once its heated add all the ingredients for Bisi Bela Baath powder and fry until golden brown. Turn off the stove and let it cool down. Grind them to a fine powder.
2. In a pressure cooker, add 1.5 cups of Toor dal, cut vegetables like carrots, potatoes, onions, green peas, add turmeric powder and 2 tbsp of Oil. Pour 4 cups of water and Let it cook for 2 whistles.
3. Also cook 3 cups of rice in a pressure cooker and keep aside.
4. In a vessel, add 2 tbsp of Oil and 2 tbsp of Ghee, mustard seeds. Once it crackles, add 2 Red chillies, Asafoetida, Tamarind juice, the grinded Bisi Bela Baath powder, cooked Dal and cooked Rice. Mix it thoroughly and add Salt to taste. Allow it to cook for 5 minutes.
5. Tasty Bisi Bela Baath is ready. Serve hot with Papad and Pickle!